- Time weathered | 400x600
- Golden Lit woods | 600x600
- Sri Lankan Sea light | 500x500
- Dispirited Dog Walkers | 800x800
- Snow Trees | 400x900
- Bronzed luna Lyme | 1200x1200
- Tree Man | 900x900
- Cobb Lyme Regis | 1200x1000
- Golden Cap |
- Axonometric Beach | 400mm x 400mm
- Azure Depths | 500x400mm
- Concealed Cluster | 400x400mm
Hello... Im Julie Oldfield, a mixed media artist based in Lyme Regis, in the UK. Here is a collection of my latest works.
These Paintings are on permanent display at the Harbour Inn Lyme Regis.
Intuitive experimental mixed media landscape paintings, inspired by travels abroad and the Jurassic Coast.
Clay/sand/seawater and other site-specific materials are incorporated to help express the essential character and texture of the subject, often on large-scale canvasses.
Most of my work has been painted on location over the years and carried back from different parts of the world.
click on this link for dorset magazine article written about Julie’s paintings-
History and Technique
Originally from Peak District coming from an Interior Design background, I now live on the Jurassic Coast near Lyme Regis. This coastline, with large skies and changing tones, inspires much of my work. The Mixed Media paintings often incorporate materials from the area, such as sand and seawater, giving a unique character to each piece. I’ve recently started to paint on metal, which gives shimmering impressions of sunlight on the landscapes. Extensive travel has given me opportunities to paint many different types of landscapes – from desserts in the Middle East to rainforests in Latin America. Travel and painting is a good combination, dangers and pitfalls of the unknown add excitement to each piece of work. I have exhibited in Dubai, Cape Town and had work accepted by the South West Academy. Julie teaches her painting techniques in workshops and prints of her work are also available.
“Julie teaches her painting techniques in workshops and prints of her work are also available.”
If you would like to purchase original pieces of Julie’s work contact her directly using the details provided below or you can also visit her at her studio by appointment.
Mixed Media Painting Workshop.
Using some of the natural materials from surrounding locations to capture the environment to produce your own work of art using mixed media techniques. Inspired by the play of light across wide spaces. using iridescent paints across textural surfaces which create shifting effects of colour light and shade to show changing weather conditions working on paper, canvas, and metal. If you want more info on the way I work and workshops have a look at Article in Dorset Magazine http://bit.ly/N6UdTl
£56 per person per day group fee – includes materials and light lunch
£140 per person per day one to one – includes materials and light lunch
Next Workshop Dates – 4th & 5th May 2013
Lyme Regis contact Julie for more information
One to One workshops can be booked anytime
Julie also teaches yoga and sometimes incorporates yoga and painting.
If you have an exhibition that you think would be suitable for my work then please get in touch with me so we can talk. Recommend an exhibition to Julie.
Past Exhibitions (2005 – 2013)
2012, group Exhibition Throughout 2012, Town Mill Gallery, Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK.
- 2012, permanent. solo Exhibition, The Harbour, Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK.
- 2012, 26th-April-11th May. Dorset Art weeks, Exhibition open studios at my home, Applecot, Cathole lane, Yawl, Dorset.. UK.
- 2012, The Cart shed Gallery, Shaftesbury, Dorset. UK
- 2011, Group showing at The Pond Gallery, Clapham, London. UK
- ’2010, Group Exhibition, Sat 25th Sept to 3rd October Lyme Regis Arts Fest UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Driftwood Galleries Cornwall, UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Bristol Affordable Art Fair, UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Chelsea Art Fair, London, UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Spring Art, Birmingham, NEC UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Affordable Art Fair London, UK
- 2009, Group Exhibition, Cambridge Art Fair, UK
- 2009, Group Exhibition, Annual Guernsey Exhibition, UK
- 2008, Group Exhibition, South West Academy, Exeter, UK
- 2007. Group Exhibition, Bellamy Gallery Honiton, UK
- 2007, Permanent Exhibition, Pisces, Dubai, UAE
- 2006, Solo Exhibition, Craven House, Farnham Surry, UK
- 2006, Group Exhibition, Hybrid Gallery, Honiton, UK
Leave me a Message
- Phone:+44 (0) 1297 444 672
- Mobile:+44 (0) 7775 422 501
- Studio:Applehayes, Cathole Lane