- Provincial Tranquility. Large painting | 3metre x2metre
- Ammas View India | 1700x1400mm
- Pokra Lake, Nepal | !000x1000
- Himalayas Napal 1400x1600
- Time weathered | 400x600
- Golden Lit woods | 600x600
- Sri Lankan Sea light | 500x500
- Dispirited Dog Walkers | 800x800
- Snow Trees | 400x900
- Bronzed luna Lyme | 1200x1200
- Tree Man | 900x900
- Cobb Lyme Regis | 1200x1000
- Golden Cap |
- Axonometric Beach | 400mm x 400mm
- Azure Depths | 500x400mm
- Concealed Cluster | 400x400mm
Hello... Im Julie Oldfield, a mixed media artist based in Lyme Regis, in the UK. Here is a collection of my latest works.
These Paintings are on permanent display at the Harbour Inn Lyme Regis.
Intuitive experimental mixed media landscape paintings, inspired by travels abroad and the Jurassic Coast.
Clay/sand/seawater and other site-specific materials are incorporated to help express the essential character and texture of the subject, often on large-scale canvasses.
Most of my work has been painted on location over the years and carried back from different parts of the world.
click on this link for dorset magazine article written about Julie’s paintings-
Click here - http://bit.ly/N6UdTl
My Travels this year were to India and Nepal
Im now producing 2014 calendars using this years paintings.
History and Technique
Originally from Peak District coming from an Interior Design background, I now live on the Jurassic Coast near Lyme Regis. This coastline, with large skies and changing tones, inspires much of my work. The Mixed Media paintings often incorporate materials from the area, such as sand and seawater, giving a unique character to each piece. I’ve recently started to paint on metal, which gives shimmering impressions of sunlight on the landscapes. Extensive travel has given me opportunities to paint many different types of landscapes – from desserts in the Middle East to rainforests in Latin America. Travel and painting is a good combination, dangers and pitfalls of the unknown add excitement to each piece of work. I have exhibited in Dubai, Cape Town and had work accepted by the South West Academy. Julie teaches her painting techniques in workshops and prints of her work are also available.
“Julie teaches her painting techniques in workshops and prints of her work are also available.”
Dorset Art Weeks
The next exhibition of new and retrospective paintings will be Dorset art weeks shown in her home near Lyme Regis.
Her new paintings are influenced by her latest travels with Julie’s international work over the last 10 years, brought back from her time living and painting in the Middle East, Sri Lanka and one year travelling around the world following 37 degrees latitude.
Using mixed media, Julie likes to work on metal or canvass and she brings back sand, soil and other materials from the countries she’s visited, to incorporate into her paintings.
Back on the UK’s Jurassic Coast, she has been recording the landslides and is starting a new body of work based on the slipping landscape. Some of this work will be shown in Dorset Art Weeks.
“I’m looking forward to this opportunity to show my paintings at the said Julie. “As well as showing my latest work, the exhibition will show a collection of my best work over the years – pieces I’ve kept back for me to enjoy. Each one has a story and has special significance to me.” Julie will be showing her technique. As well as having notes telling the story of each piece in the exhibition, she will be available to answer questions and explain why they are special to her.
Mixed Media Painting Workshop.
Using some of the natural materials from surrounding locations to capture the environment to produce your own work of art using mixed media techniques. Inspired by the play of light across wide spaces. using iridescent paints across textural surfaces which create shifting effects of colour light and shade to show changing weather conditions working on paper, canvas, and metal. If you want more info on the way I work and workshops have a look at Article in Dorset Magazine http://bit.ly/N6UdTl
£56 per person per day group fee – includes materials and light lunch
£140 per person per day one to one – includes materials and light lunch
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ph 07775422501 ph 01297444672
One to One workshops can be booked anytime
Julie also teaches yoga and sometimes incorporates yoga and painting.
If you have an exhibition that you think would be suitable for my work then please get in touch with me so we can talk. email@example.com or ph 07775422501 ph 01297444672
Past Exhibitions (2005 – 2013)2013, 18th-July to 7th Aug. The Court yard Gallery, The Town Mill, Lyme Regis.
2012, group Exhibition Throughout 2012, Town Mill Gallery, Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK.
- 2012, permanent. solo Exhibition, The Harbour, Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK.
- 2012, 26th-April-11th May. Dorset Art weeks, Exhibition open studios at my home, Applecot, Cathole lane, Yawl, Dorset.. UK.
- 2012, The Cart shed Gallery, Shaftesbury, Dorset. UK
- 2011, Group showing at The Pond Gallery, Clapham, London. UK
- ’2010, Group Exhibition, Sat 25th Sept to 3rd October Lyme Regis Arts Fest UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Driftwood Galleries Cornwall, UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Bristol Affordable Art Fair, UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Chelsea Art Fair, London, UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Spring Art, Birmingham, NEC UK
- 2010, Group Exhibition, Affordable Art Fair London, UK
- 2009, Group Exhibition, Cambridge Art Fair, UK
- 2009, Group Exhibition, Annual Guernsey Exhibition, UK
- 2008, Group Exhibition, South West Academy, Exeter, UK
- 2007. Group Exhibition, Bellamy Gallery Honiton, UK
- 2007, Permanent Exhibition, Pisces, Dubai, UAE
- 2006, Solo Exhibition, Craven House, Farnham Surry, UK
- 2006, Group Exhibition, Hybrid Gallery, Honiton, UK
Leave me a Message
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
- Phone:+44 (0) 1297 444 672
- Mobile:+44 (0) 7775 422 501
Studio:Applecot, Cathole Lane